Things from my day:
* Still dark and cloudy, but it stopped raining, so I walked to the library and then to the corner store and finally got out
of the house. The relief is tremendous.
* Watched 500 Days of Summer last night. It was cute and I always enjoy Zooey Deschanel and JGL, but the narration didn't work for me--especially not with the heteronormative overtones in the beginning--and the apartment sets seemed terribly over
decorated, like they were snapshots from the Apartment Therapy blog.
* My city's library system is awesome because I picked up season 1 of Treme there today. I knew it was going to be good, but oh, wow
, it's really good. The kind of thing that makes all other television look somehow less. <3 Melissa Leo.
* Writing. I want to finish both my numb3rs_novella
and my WC exchange fic this week. I have all these long fics that are unfinished and I think I really just need to buckle down and start knocking them out.
* Somewhat related note: I'm working on a moody little SS/HG piece that should be done either tonight or tomorrow. (chillit
, I never got that prompt to work for me, unfortunately, but hopefully this will make up for it?)
* Alice in Wonderland is like a parade of actors I love all the way through, starting with Marton Csokas in the very first scene. <3
* Knitting project is progressing, I think. So far so good. I think I'll be acquiring a sewing table soon which will be excellent because then I can get back to doing projects
* I've been reccing Ron/Draco at the crack_broom
this month. When I'm finished, I'll post a list of all the links here. I've found a couple of little gems that I'd never read before and it's been a lot of fun. Reccing a great excuse to sit down and read fic, when I'd otherwise be able to convince myself I didn't have time.
* Speaking of, does anyone have any Hawaii Five-O recs for me? Steve/Danny or gen or anything, really. What do you guys like?
* How was your Wednesday, flist?